Saturday, September 13, 2014

August 26, 2013

Lacey wrote:
elder kelsey,
How are you? I hope you are doing well and getting some success! It's been 6 weeks now, did you have transfers yet? Did you guys get to baptize nicolas? I want you to know that it amazes me how much spanish you have learned in 4 months... really it's amazing haha i wish so badly that i could speak spanish :( you will teach me right? I want to go live in mexico for like 6 months so i would be forced to learn it ha that would be awesome.
guess what??? your girlfriend is officially a college girl! haha i don't feel so little now :) but i have only been here a day, and i haven't started classes yet, they start tomorrow... yikes :/ Everything has been pretty good so far... well not everything ha I had to buy groceries yesterday... ouch. It was like $130.... I need to figure out cheeper foods ha cause that is not happenen. And I found out that I have to buy a parking pass... that is like $70.. AND i found out that i have to pay $2 for every load of laundry... which is so dumb because they make it seem like it's free when you sign up... same with the parking pass. oh well... I just hope there isn't any more surprise things that i have to end up paying for. I can't complain though...my scholarships paid for all of my tuition and housing, fees, and most of my books so that is good!
My family threw me a going away party on friday! haha it was kind of a surprise... but i figured it out like 30 minutes before it actually happened ha i ruined the surprise. But anyway, your family came and my family came, and it was all good :)
My roommates are so so so so SO much better than i was expecting! I will tell you a little bit about all of them :)
India: She is a room assistant for our floor. she is also on the school senate, so she is busy a lot! ha she has been in meetings and stuff like that today and yesterday. But she is super duper helpful and really nice! She is taking me on a tour of campus tomorrow so that I don't get lost :) She is the one with the nose ring, but she totally doesn't act like a "bad girl" ha she is the RA so she has to make sure that every one on our floor is following the rules and being good. She is a junior.
Denaisha: She is pretty shy, but she's also really nice and fun to talk to. She was the one who was swearing and stuff on her instagram, so i was nervous. But she has been really respectful! yesterday i could tell she was watching her language in front of me, and we were looking for a movie to watch and she asked me if there was anything I wouldn't watch and I told her no rated r. So just things like that she is good to ask and make sure i'm comfortable with what we're doing. I'm pretty sure she would come with me to church if i asked her :) I would have today.... but it was like 12:45 before she got up and church is at 1 so i didn't think she would have time haha she just wants friends i can tell by how she acts, hopefully we can be good friends, she really likes tv haha thats like all she did today. she is a freshman from washington/oregon.
Quiheng: :) haha try saying that one. We just call her chi. I'm pretty sure you say her full name "chi-heng" but whatevs. She is just about the cutest little thing I have ever seen in my life. haha she gets so so excited over the silliest things! Like yesterday she said, "do you guys know how to make cake??" and i said yes and she started jumping up and down she was so excited hahaha so i told her i would make her a cake. She moved here 3 days ago from CHINA! It is her first time in america and she amazes me haha she can speak english pretty dang good for only being here 2 days, i have a hard time understanding sometimes, but usually i can understand what she is trying to say :) She's a junior... i think.
So yeah, those are my roommates :) i'm excited to get to know them more. I also met some girls on my walk to church today!! and guess what!! They have missionaries too!!!! :) :) :) I was SO happy when i met them haha Whitney's missionary only has 4 months left, and Shannon's has 11. It's exciting though, it's nice to have someone to talk to that knows what I'm going through :) Anyways, church was AMAZING! i love my new ward! so that makes me really happy. It's like 90% girls 10% boys. ahaha which is fine with me :) I also went to a fireside with Whitney tonight, it was on guess what.... family history work. haha. remember when we tried that? ugh. so now i feel bad that i quit, i need to learn how to do it... cause really? 2 firesides? i think it's a sign haha
Well that was a really long email, but i just had a lot to say haha :)you don't have to reply to all of it. I love you!!!!! :) I hope you are doing good and having fun teaching the gospel! :) ( the gospel!! how you would say it ;) haha you are my hero klayton kelsey, my roomates know all about you :) chi said, "Oh he handsome!" haha :) i know :)
love lou
Oh and p.s. I don't know what my mailbox #is but if I get it before you email tomorrow I will send it to you :)

Klay:
hey !!! i had a companion change so i will be able to write for a full hour nowwwww!!!!!! talk to mee!!!!!!!

Lacey:
Yay! :) that maKes me so happy! :) I got on the wrong bus so I am walking to my apartment now haha....whoops
You still there?
helooooo?
Hey! I love you :)

Klay:
haha i missed my bus to go to JUJUY too!!!!!! that is why i am sitting here lonely . . .i love you lou bug :)

Lacey:
haha how is your new comp?

Klay:
of course i will teach you spanish when i get back!!!! and the little ones!!!! but i am so proud of you for wanting to progress in life with college and all. you are an example to me always. you have so much to look forward to and are so blessed, know that the Lord is in your life lace, know that your blessings didnt just happen. One thing that i learned before my mission that i will always be grateful for. One day i was thinking about God, and i was wondering how much of the blessings that i recieve are from him and how many things just happen by coincedence, the thing that changed my life is when i blamed all blessings on our Father in Heaven. The more we give our thanks to him and give him the recognition, even if it was just by coincedence, he will recongnize our thanks and bless us even more. Blame your smiles and triumphs on the Lord. We had another baptism this week of a girl named maria guadelupe de rosario rodriguez. it was super full of the spirit and i will be ever grateful for the faith of this nine year old girl to take upon her the name of Christ. I was priviledged to confirm her a member of the Church, and how amazing it was. I love this work and i love the Lord. I have learned of His ways and continue to do so daily. Lace your answer to your question is in the scriptures. Pray to find it. Knock as the Savior knocks. with divine intentions and holy desires. that of an one who will inherit the Kingdom of God. Dont you dare fall for any of the college garbage that they throw at you. You are a Goddess. Dont you dare. Live your potential. Live the life of Christ. Keep the commandments and prepare yourself for what is to come. I promise you that if you have problems with your roommates i have had worse now :) ha. if you have questions ask me. please. You are one beautiful little wonder to me. Love you my hero girl.
i havent met him yet. .  .  i am going to JUJUY tonight and he will be there, he is white!!!! haha. i think that i will get along with him better than my last comp. .
study yours scriptures,say yers prayers, write in our journal thing pretty please at least a sentence or two everyday!!!
love you lou :) keep working hard. you are my hero!!


Lacey:
Oh good that makes me so happy!! :) I hope he is better, I will work hard :)
I have to go to chemistry now...but I love you! Have a good week!

Klay:
sleep in the hammock soon!!!

Lacey:
K I will! :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment